BU-705a: Battery Recycling as a Business

Consider a new business but find out the return

Batteries are expensive and have a relatively short life span. As discarded batteries grow by the tonnage, entrepreneurs are enticed to start a business in recycling. With an annual world market of $33 billion, lead acid is the most common battery in use. This is followed by Li-ion at $16.6 billion, NiMH at $2 billion and NiCd at $1 billion. All other chemistries only make up $1 billion. Table 7-13 lists the material cost per ton to build these batteries.

Battery Chemistry

Metal value (per ton)

Recycling

Table 1: Metal value per ton of battery.

Lead acid remains the most suitable battery to recycle; 70% of its weight contains reusable lead.

Lithium cobalt oxide

$25,000

Subsidy needed

Lithium iron phosphate

$400

Subsidy needed

Lead acid

$1,500

Profitable
Nickel $10,000–$17,000 Subsidy needed
Cadmium $2,200 Subsidy needed

Lithium-ion batteries are expensive to manufacture and this is in part due to the high material cost and complex preparation processes. The most expensive metal of most Li-ion is cobalt, a hard lustrous gray material that is also used to manufacture magnets and high-strength alloys.

Knowing that billions of Li-ion batteries are discarded every year and given the high cost of lithium cobalt oxide, salvaging precious metals should make economic sense and one wonders why so few companies recycle these batteries.

The reason becomes clear when examining the complexity and low yield of recycling. The retrieved raw material barely pays for labor, which includes collection, transport, sorting into batteries chemistries, shredding, separation of metallic and non-metallic materials, neutralizing hazardous substances, smelting, and purification of the recovered metals.

Recycling programs for lead acid are believed to have started soon after Cadillac introduced the cranking motor in 1912 as a for-profit business rather than protecting the environment. Recycling can be harmful, especially with lead acid batteries. Lead can enter the body by inhaling or ingestion when touching the mouth with lead-contaminated hands. This puts workers and residents of the surrounding areas at risk of lead poisoning. ( See BU-703: Health Concerns with Batteries )

The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has imposed strict guidelines in recycling of lead acid batteries in the USA. The recycling plants must be sealed and the smokestacks fitted with scrubbers. To check for possible escape of lead particles, the plant perimeter must be surrounded with lead-monitoring devices. Rules are bound to be broken and batteries soon end up in Mexico and other developing countries with relaxed regulations. China, a leader in lead acid battery production, also took action to protect the environment by introducing strict guidelines that only reputable companies can meet.

Nickel-based batteries can also be recycled and the retrieved materials are iron and nickel, which are used in stainless steel production. Nickel-metal-hydride (NiMH) yields the highest return in nickel, and with ample supply recycling is said to make money. Low demand for cadmium has reduced the profitability from recycling NiCd batteries. The growth in batteries is with Li-ion but valuable materials are difficult to retrieve. This makes Li-ion less attractive for recycling and a financial breakeven may not be possible without subsidies.

The true cost to manufacture Li-ion is not so much in the raw materials, as is the case with lead acid and NiMH, but in lengthy processing and purification processes of the raw materials to reach battery grade. Recycling brings the metal to ground zero, from which costly preparations begin anew. It is often cheaper to mine raw material than to retrieve it from recycling. Lithium from recycled batteries is commonly used for non-battery applications, such as lubricating greases that are found in WD-40 and other products, rather than batteries. ( See BU-308: Availability of Lithium )

Although alkaline and zinc-carbon account for over 90 percent of batteries consumed in the United States, they contain few precious metals and the toxicity is low. Organizations are seeking ways to recycle these batteries as well for the basic metal content and with high volume such a venture should become viable. Table 2 lists the typical metals content of commonly recycled batteries.

Fe

22%

18%

Alkaline

24%

22%

15%

Table 2: Metals in commonly recycled batteries as a percentage of the overall content. The metal content may vary with battery type. With the exception of lead acid, most recycling requires a subsidy.

Summary

The primary objective of building a good battery is long life, safety and low price. Recycling is an afterthought and manufacturers do little to simplify the retrieving of precious metals. The recycling business is small compared to the vast battery industry, and to this day, only lead acid can be recycled profitably.

Nickel-based batteries might make money with good logistics, but Li-ion and most other chemistries yield too little in precious metals to make recycling a viable business without subsidies. The major expense with modern batteries is not so much the raw materials, as with lead acid, but lengthy preparations, purifications and processing down to micro- and nano-levels. Nevertheless, batteries contain valuable material that can be re-used for new products.

To make recycling feasible in the meantime, subsidies are created by adding a tax to each pack sold. The goal goes beyond retrieving metals for re-use to preventing toxic batteries from entering landfills. Combining the environmental benefit with making a profit is the ultimate goal, and this might become feasible with innovative new recycling processes in development.

Another model is to sort batteries into functional and non-functional groups and give those with capacities of 80 percent or more a second life. Cells and modules of larger battery systems can be tested individually and reassembled in a new pack. ( See BU-803: Can Batteries be Restored? )

Last updated 2016-04-02

If you have a question, require further information, have a suggestion or would like to report an error, use the "contact us" form or email us at: BatteryU@cadex.com. While we make all efforts to answer your questions accurately, we cannot guarantee results. Neither can we take responsibility for any damages or injuries that may result as a consequence of the information provided. Please accept our advice as a free public support rather than an engineering or professional service.

Comments

On February 10, 2012 at 11:30am
Ziv Lang wrote:

Do you have information pertaining to the actual recycling sites situated in the aforementioned countries?

On May 13, 2012 at 6:01am
Bill Norcutt wrote:

I am spending time and resources developing a battery recycling——-
Rare Earth Metal business
Lookingt for and offering help to others
Bill Norcutt
dollarbillsdallas@tx.rr.com
214-264-9000

On August 19, 2012 at 10:37pm
Mark Batt wrote:

I am very interested the battery technology field, as I have worked with batteries for thirty years. and would like to advance my knowlegde, as to ways to make a profit instead of always breaking even.

On September 3, 2012 at 5:28am
Rytis wrote:

We are looking for person who can help to set up the lead battery recycling business. We are very interested to open battery recycling factory in eastern Europe. If you able to help us please dont hesitate to contact.

Regards

On November 14, 2012 at 12:45am
John Thompson wrote:

I have a continues supply of small spent 3.7v li-ion batteries that are piling up, I’m looking for a profitable recycling solution.
vr4boostin@aol.com

On January 17, 2013 at 4:44pm
lb gragg wrote:

It seems to me there should be a better way to store electricity how did God do it to make lightning maybe someone has or will If the road or something else was pos or neg and the other was mechanically produced with movement and a start primer little battery storage needs also the carrier line could steer the car

On March 11, 2013 at 6:06pm
Ed wrote:

I would urge those who are considering business models based on battery “recycling”—that is, recovering batteries’ constituent components and materials for resale at a profit—to think very hard first.  Then, think about it some more.

The essence of the article is that NiMH battery recycling might just break even, and only automotive lead-acid battery recycling is profitable in any meaningful way. Other battery types involve too much labour and energy to be recycled without subsidies.

I know that in North America, product- and battery-manufacturer-subsidized programs exist to pick up and recycle these types.  Check your local listings.  I would expect Europe to offer similar or better options.  You would be well advised to make use of these programs because you will only lose money doing it yourself without a subsidy.  If you’re really determined, you might set up a facility and join one of these programs yourself, but that seems like a poor idea for a stand-alone business.  I don’t think you could really profit in this way; instead, it would likely be a part of a larger, profitable, operation

If you have large quantities of marginal batteries, you might find useful the equipment manufactured and sold by Cadex Electronics, the creator and host of Battery University.  Such equipment includes battery analyzers, testers, and reconditioners for various cell types.  You might save enough money by restoring and returning batteries to service rather than discarding them, for the equipment to pay for itself.

I want to point out that storing large numbers of lithium-ion batteries is potentially dangerous.  You do not simply throw these into a big pile and turn your back if you know what’s good for you.  It’s not too hard to imagine a short circuit occurring, due perhaps to a conductive area on a battery casing, or some random piece of metal dropped into the pile.  The next thing you know, you have a toxic lithium fire that you can’t put out (hint: DO NOT use water!).  The larger the pile, the greater the danger, kids.  Precautions include carefully storing batteries to prevent short circuits, isolating them from flammable materials (including other batteries), and discharging them prior to storage.

People view lead-acid batteries as toxic waste that should be disposed of at cost, so many leave their non-working automotive batteries laying about in random parking lots and industrial areas by the dark of night.  However, many metal-recycling facilities will accept lead-acid batteries, paying perhaps $10 for an automotive battery.  Most people seem to be unaware that you can be paid for your old battery.  A bonus is that the toxic lead is kept out of the environment.

There appears to be an opportunity for a business recycling the lead-acid battery.  Some batteries might be obtained at little to no cost, so the profit potential seems significant.  However, the toxic nature of the activity means that you are limited in where this could be done, and it seems it would be part of a larger and profitable metal-recycling operation.  You will not be doing this in your back yard.

A theme appears to be developing: a stand-alone business accepting batteries for recycling seems hopeless.  The Cadex equipment, however, might be useful in reducing costs for operations that already have large quantities of poorly functioning rechargeable batteries for whatever reason.  Examples of such operations might include industrial battery users trying to minimize battery replacement costs, and recycling operations trying to divert some batteries for reuse rather than being recycled, thus (perhaps) paying for the equipment.

Like Cadex, I am in the Vancouver area, but that is a coincidence.  I have nothing to do with Cadex except that I am a fan of Battery University, so I do not know how much the equipment costs or how long it would take to pay for itself.  I suspect the man on the street would have to be very patient and start young.

Finally, I can’t help remarking on the previous comment by “lb gragg.” It was my original intent, but I got off the rails.  Gragg, the fact that you ask such a question about how God “stores” electricity is almost comical in its irony, for gods are not known for encouraging questions.  However, in your unconventional writing style, you appear to be describing two things, both of which exist here on Earth (come down and join us): 1) Capacitors, and 2) Electric railroads.  Both old news.  If you would devote as much time to studying scientific literature or even the Wikipedia as you do religious texts, you would have known this.  Cheers.

On May 3, 2013 at 2:50am
Dan Scott wrote:

I am interested in this field, I am from the UK, much seems a gap in the market here for this still. I would appreciate any help and support to help me get started.

On May 3, 2013 at 5:08am
S.Rytis wrote:

Hello Mr.Scott
at the moment our company looking for trusted partner, that to properly manage battery scrap business in UK. If you are intrested, please contacts us: trade (at) tcbaltic.eu

Regards
S.Rytis

On July 5, 2013 at 4:57am
Barbara Barron wrote:

I also am interested in battery recycling and would like to be kept informed of any updates to the present info.

On September 17, 2013 at 9:04pm
Kushle Sharma wrote:

I want to start Acid Battery Recycling Industry in Jaipur,Rajasthan,India.
I dnt kno d process dat how to start lead business?
Can anyone help me to start d process of industry?

On October 7, 2013 at 1:30am
levan wrote:

I am writing from Georgia and I’m doing toner cartridges recycling plant as well as printers and other computer equipment repair maintenance, our country is not a battery recycling
  Enterprise.
Please help me where is the recycling center because it will take part in nature conservation. Thank you

On October 9, 2013 at 1:45pm
Ernesto Hernandez wrote:

I want to start my own recycling center here in Perris, CA i want to know want i need to start and how muck are you guys pay per lb on the batteries. If you can get back to me i will appreciate it thanks

On October 19, 2013 at 10:36pm
Carlos Carboni wrote:

I am interested in exporting disposed lead acid batteries from Costa Rica. Shipments would include automotive batteries without the electrolyte and sealed VRLA batteries such as those used in uniterruptible power supplies and other non-automotive applications. I may ship up to two 20 Foot containers per week with an average load of 20.000 Kgs. In the past I was involved in an organization that shipped similar quantities to several destinations in Asia. I would like to help clean the environment of my home country while making some money!

On October 20, 2013 at 4:44am
TCB wrote:

To: Carlos Carboni
please contact us: trade @ tcbaltic . eu

On November 3, 2013 at 1:32am
Imran R wrote:

Hai,
I have my own battery lead recycle factory with all govt certificates.located in krishnagiri tamilnadu ,India…I am looking for partner for my business.
You can feel free to contact.
919341836119
918123561118
Contact person name: Imran

On November 14, 2013 at 8:19am
Razdar Muhammad wrote:

i want to start a cell phone batteries manufacturing business in pakistan.
please help me. plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On November 14, 2013 at 8:22am
Razdar Muhammad wrote:

plz contect me on +92 346 9715441

On December 13, 2013 at 8:15am
Mirza Abrar wrote:

we have lead acid battery regenerating plant newly installed himself;
and also intrusted to expand it in pakistan .
this unit is state of the art technology which is developed in current year.
production depends upon the istalled units.

On March 17, 2014 at 10:23pm
akshay thote wrote:

We have regular requirement for lead acid battery scrap, we are looking for reliable supplier for long-term business relation.

We also can help people to set-up a Battery recycling plant with pollution control devices.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my email id: sales@metalint.co.in

On June 25, 2014 at 3:57am
george stavropoulos wrote:

Hello,
i am interested in this project, can i ask some question?

About how large is this global market right now (in money terms)?

To answer this one may need to know just the global market of batteries sold (tonnes and/or euros), the quantity and price of recovered metals can be derived.
Thanks in advance,
George

On June 25, 2014 at 11:06am
imran wrote:

Hi akshay,

It’s easy for set up lead recycling plant with pollution control devices but without hazardous and pollution control board license you can’t run the plant.. getting those license is not possible one.
I have my own lead recycling plant with licences also import of batteries and rail materials.

If any one intrested for business partner please consider this as my proposal. Please find my company website below.

Www.globalleadalloys.com

On June 25, 2014 at 11:10am
imran.r wrote:

Hi George,

My website address: www.globalleadalloys.com
feel free to contact me.

Imrankhan
+918123561118

On July 23, 2014 at 7:51am
nouman wrote:

please send be fesiblity report and tell me good suggestion i m intersted in battery recycling or car used battery recycling ,
thanking you

On July 23, 2014 at 9:43am
imran.r wrote:

@nouman - you call my number will let you in details.
+918123561118

On August 18, 2014 at 9:57am
Kenneth Dumelo wrote:

Dear Sir

We have Drained Battery Scrap, Used Rails, and, available for immediate supply to any serious buyer.

If you are interested in any of these scrap materials, or have a buyer interested and ready to Purchase, kindly let us know for more details.

Best Regards

Mr. Kenneth Dumelo
+233-260-930-922

On August 18, 2014 at 10:00am
imran.r wrote:

Hi Dumelo,

can you share your email id..please

Thanks
Imrankhan
+918123561118

On August 18, 2014 at 2:52pm
Kenneth Dumelo wrote:

kennethdumelo1@gmail.com

On September 3, 2014 at 7:36pm
Mike wrote:

I want to be buying used cell phone batteries for overseas export. I want bulk quantity purchase in 1000s for select cell phone batteries.  Does anybody have any idea of companies that recycle cell phone batteries?  Please help

On October 28, 2014 at 1:25am
Fauz khan wrote:

I start to setup my own Recycle industry in India.if anyone who interested then plz koi with me….

Contact-09893613445

On November 11, 2014 at 10:56am
AJ YONG wrote:

Hi all…i have start plaining to do a recycle business for cell phone in malaysia…but i need more information or knowledge to run it..anyone can share information or help…

Thank you..

On December 8, 2014 at 11:14am
imran khan wrote:

Hi AJYoung

Please call me for more information regarding recycle of battery.

Thanks,

Imran
+918123561118

On January 6, 2015 at 7:27am
AGray wrote:

I am involved in recycling batteries as part of a contest with school children. Is there any way outside of family use that we can gather large numbers of recycled batteries (in UK)?
Is it ok to take them from say recycling points in supermarkets?
They are all going to the same place right?

On February 3, 2015 at 5:07pm
s.m wrote:

hi
please help me about Absorbent devices manufacturer of lithium from seawater.

On February 21, 2015 at 1:46am
Adeleke Solomon Michael wrote:

Sir, I live in nigeria. I have the capacity to export drain scrap batteries to any countries. Please I need a serious buyer. Contact me. Micsteelum38@yahoo.com. 2348033067039, 2348023292444 .

On February 24, 2015 at 4:38am
anoopkumar wrote:

I am interested this budiness.i am indian now from qatar any adviceand idea give me to start the budiness

On February 24, 2015 at 7:25pm
imran wrote:

Hi snoop,

call me will discuss.

Regards,
Imrankhan
+918123561118

On May 1, 2015 at 4:02am
Andy Hurst wrote:

where is the best place to get recycled laptop batteries

On June 17, 2015 at 1:11pm
Dan Moore wrote:

I can recycle industrial NiCd batteries cheap from US only, email me dan@hrslater.com

On July 3, 2015 at 2:34am
Lee wrote:

Dear Imran,

We are interested in starting a reconditioned battery plant in Malaysia. Have you consulted with any Malaysian companies? Can I have their contacts so that we can obtain references from them. Thank you.

You can contact me at uklee330@yahoo.com

On July 3, 2015 at 6:20pm
Lee wrote:

Hi All, We’re looking to start a reconditioned battery factory in Malaysia. We’re looking for a consultant who can help us set up. References would be helpful particularly Malaysian references. Thank you. I can be contacted at uklee330@yahoo.com

On July 14, 2015 at 9:28pm
Ravin wrote:

Hi all
Looking a job in battery recycling industry with very good experience of smelting section. +91 8502051920

On August 18, 2015 at 6:35am
Alyssa J wrote:

I recently just started to work at a landfill here in central Texas. I have been collecting all sorts of batteries that are dumped here at the landfill daily. I have been doing my research in battery recycling. If anyone is interested in trying to make a profit out of this with me please contact me. 254-316-8593

On August 18, 2015 at 1:42pm
darius wrote:

Hello Alyssa,

please email me

I would like to integrate your interest in battery recycling with
my expertize in giving used batteries a second Life,
developing LED + solar PV module + used battery kits
for the Poor families in Africa.

manta103g@gmail.com

On August 18, 2015 at 1:44pm
darius wrote:

Hello Alyssa,

please email me

manta103g@gmail.com

I would like to integrate your interest in battery recycling with
my expertize in giving used batteries a second Life,
developing LED + solar PV module + used battery kits
for the Poor families in Africa.

manta103g@gmail.com

On August 20, 2015 at 6:55pm
Saurabh wrote:

Would like to understand recycling ecosystem

On August 22, 2015 at 5:08pm
Przemek wrote:

Hi, could anyone share some information about used batteries transportation? As it’s a hazardous material i think it may not be that easy to deliver it to any recycling point in another country…. or am i wrong?

przemyslawrzosek@gmail.com

On September 26, 2015 at 1:11am
Mohan Rajan wrote:

A low cost unit to process / Recycle SCRAP BATTERIES - other than lead Acid / Dry lead Acid batteries, can be established in India at Export Processing Zone.

We can establish and operate such a unit, to process 20 MT / Monthly of Zn Carbon / Alkaline batteries. Other batteries can be processed in small quantities.

All process with be by manual separation using hand operated tools and Melting of Non Ferrous metals.

Investors / Scrap battery Exporters interested in joing us in setting up the proposed unit can contact

Mohan Rajan

E mail : mohraj1@rediff.com

On October 9, 2015 at 9:59am
Sunny Alappat wrote:

We are interested to buy Scrap batteries from Nigeria. If anyone has the availability to quote their best offer by email. Thanks,

On November 12, 2015 at 8:11am
Arif Khan wrote:

Dear brothers:
I am Arif from Kabul Afghanistan. i am an engineer with enough experience, I wanted to start a battery recycling company in Kabul so i wanted to know about the process, costs and other expenses and if you can take a partner ship.  Please email or you can call me at any time.

Best regards

Email: arif.ahmadzai@gmail.com
Cell #: +93799033111
        +93744889111

On November 30, 2015 at 3:18am
George Englezos wrote:

Interested to set up a recycle plant in Middle East.

Any fusibility study you have available will be very helpful to me

On November 30, 2015 at 3:27am
Sunny Alappat wrote:

Please contact me for information by email s.alappat @ ebnltd.com

On November 30, 2015 at 12:08pm
darius wrote:

Battery Chemistry
Metal value (per ton)
Table 1: Metal value per
ton of battery

Lithium cobalt oxide
$25,000

My Dear Friends,

I have joined this tread months ago and it looks like to be a bug
in pricing of used
Lithium Cobalt Oxide batteries/ cells.

Price tag should be $2.500
is $25.000

If I am wrong, pls correct me and let me to identify type of used batteries priced so high on a market.
How these batteries are marked in printed symbols ?

If you are interested I can arrange sample deliveries of
any type of used batteries from Europe.
darius

On December 9, 2015 at 2:14am
Nickey wrote:

I am Nickey from China. I am very interested in this business. I wanted to start this business in China. but my information or knowledge is not enough to run it..anyone can share information or help. Thanks

Regards
Nickey

On December 9, 2015 at 4:20am
Imran wrote:

Hi Nicky,
You can feel free to call me for more information

Thanks
Imran Khan
Global lead alloys
+918123561118

On December 9, 2015 at 6:20am
Nickey wrote:

Hi, Imran Khan,
Can you share your email id with me?  Thanks

Regards
Nickey

On December 27, 2015 at 6:48am
manoj kumar wrote:

hi all
i am looking to start battery scrap and e waste scrap business in punjab ...india
please help me if anyone can ....thnx ......

manoj gupta
+919646099343

On January 19, 2016 at 8:59pm
Hushen kKafi wrote:

I am interested in this field, i am from (Gujarat) India, I am looking to start scrap battery business. Please help me
919723322170

On January 20, 2016 at 2:24am
Imran khan wrote:

Hi Nicky,

Please find my email id imran.r3999@gmail.com

Thanks
Imran

On January 20, 2016 at 12:27pm
Kenneth Dumelo wrote:

We have Drained Battery Scrap and Aluminum, available for immediate supply to any serious buyer.

If you are interested in any of these scrap materials, or have a buyer interested and ready to Purchase, kindly let us know.

Best Regards

Mr. Kenneth Dumelo

Skype: zuruithinternational11
+233-279006232

On January 26, 2016 at 3:01am
Ali Azam wrote:

Dear Sir
You are welcome if you are setup factory in our Country (Bangladesh)
Regards
Email: aliazam09@gmail.com

On January 30, 2016 at 8:22am
Sridhar wrote:

Dear Friends,

Can anybody tell what’ll be the weight loss when lead from scrap batteries are melted?

Regards

Sridhar
e-mail: taraneil123@gmail.com

On February 9, 2016 at 1:23pm
Ganesh wrote:

I am interested.can anybody help me in detailed.l am from Maharashtra.
Mr. Imran l would like to listen from you.so plz give me your no.
And plz tell me when should i call.
Thanks

Ganesh
09822430709

On February 11, 2016 at 5:05am
Saras wrote:

Hi guys,

I want some idea on the salvage value of a used Li-ion battery ( batteries that are expired after electric car usage )

On February 22, 2016 at 4:13am
ABDOU KADER SONKO wrote:

is it possible to get all the informations in french version?
Aniway i am very interesting about batteriesrecycling,i start it already with a netherland friend in my country SENEGAL WEST AFRICA.
THANKS

On February 29, 2016 at 12:46pm
Oneal Lajuwomi wrote:

Dear All,

Our organisation has reached a decision to diversify and enter a new market, which is recycling and manufacturing of lead acid batteries in Nigeria, we are in search of an expert in the sector to help us achieve our dream of a fully functional factory for production of lead acid recycling and manufacturing of batteries.

We will appreciate if you can assist us with a detailed machinery costing of setting up a Small-Medium factory that can produce between 500 -1000 lead acid batteries per/day, installation, commissioning cost, land size requirement and plan of action.

I look forward to hearing from you.

my email is oneal@wavelengthips.com

On March 28, 2016 at 2:10am
Naveed Shaikh wrote:

To introduce ourselves, we are a 30 year Old Company based in Mumbai, India in the field of Lead Oxides, Lead Battery Recycling & Battery Manufacturing .We are manufacturers of these equipment and undertake such Projects on Turnkey basis. Consultancy is also a part of our service. Our Company is a team of Well Experienced technocrats who have experience of more than 35 years Individually.

We have executed projects in Indian Sub Continent, Middle East, Africa, Far East and Russia.

sales@acsleadtech.com
+91-9987077382

On April 7, 2016 at 8:44pm
Debaraj Mishra wrote:

Hi
I have been working LIB recycling for last five years in S Korea
Here recycling has heavy demand.
I would like to start similar in India.
I know the technology but major problem in India is to collect the battery material.
Anybody would join with me in collection process so that I can think about the detail recycling process, starting from manual sorting, mechanical crushing and final product making by hydro process?
Do mail me debraj.mishra@gmail.com.
Thanks

On April 22, 2016 at 2:40am
Lokesh Tripathi wrote:

Dear Sir,

How are you! Glad to know that you want to set up a plant related to recycling, I like to introduce myself as a Manufacturer of special purpose machinery related to recycling and setting up existing plant in more economical manner.
Batteries are expensive and have a relatively short life span. As discarded batteries grow by the tonnage, entrepreneurs are enticed to start a business in recycling. With an annual world market of $33 billion, lead acid (Car Battery) is the most common battery in use.

As per the battery chemistry Lead Acid market value per ton is equal to $1500 which is highly profitable venture to start up also it remains the most suitable battery to recycle; 70% of its weight contains reusable lead.

Now as per my understanding you want to recycle 10 tons of car battery per day right!
We recommend 03 tons of Rotary Furnace with pollution control equipment keeping environment as a necessary aspect.

Whole process will work like this:
Stock of Used Car Battery -> to the battery cutting machine -> desulphurisation of acid from lead -> desulphurised lead sent to furnace -> ingot bullion casted -> sent to refining kettle furnace -> Refined Lead is stacked in Ingot Casting Conveyor.

Our Innovative technology, Design, Precise workmanship, Prompt after sale service has edge to meet demands of today’s industry. The turnkey capabilities allow us to support our client with any types of job from relining Containers to major installations

Should you however need any additional information or clarification in process of finalizing the above 0requirement.  Please call us or write to us.

Mean while thanking you & assuring you best of our services at all the times to come.
We remain…

Your prompt reply shall be highly appreciated.

Please contact Me:
Name : Lokesh Tripathi
PH:0091- 9711141615
Location : India , Delhi, (NCR)
Email: info@indotherm.co.in

On April 25, 2016 at 10:59pm
Azim khan wrote:

Sir , I m from Karnataka , so I needed ur help to set up a new recycling plant , but her thier is no shortage of batteries , so I want to start new plant

On April 25, 2016 at 11:04pm
Azim khan wrote:

My contact number 9738764268;  9738434739

On April 25, 2016 at 11:08pm
Azim khan wrote:

Email;; azim9750@gmail.com ,

On April 25, 2016 at 11:11pm
Debaraj Mishra wrote:

Is anybody interested for lithium ion battery exporting. We are here in South Korea follows the complete recovery of product from LIB waste battery. We do receive batteries from Japan, US and some other places. If anyone from Europe would be interested to recycle LIB, we would be please do so.
Thanks and regards.

On April 26, 2016 at 1:41pm
Oliver Abara wrote:

Dear Sir, I am into Lead /scrap battery export, I am based in Nigeria and Benin republic. Any interested buyer, individual or company should please contact me. email: oliver12abara@gmail.com

On April 26, 2016 at 11:27pm
Arif Khan wrote:

Dear brothers:
I am Arif from Kabul Afghanistan. i am an engineer with enough experience, I wanted to start a battery recycling company in Kabul but i dont have enough information about battery recycling so i wanted to know about the process, costs and other expenses and if any one wants to take a partner ship.  Please email or you can call me at any time.
Best regards
Email: arif.ahmadzai@gmail.com
Cell #: +93799033111
      +93744889111
Skype: arif.ahmadzai786

On April 28, 2016 at 8:00pm
Natanael Moreno wrote:

I am looking for a company or several companies that can provide me at least 200 metric tons per month of lead-acid batteries. To import them to México.
I want to get in touch with companies in the USA.

Hope you can help.